the about me page

So I recently updated my about page.

The "about this blog" section is still vague because, to be honest, I really don't know what this blog is about. Primarily, it's just a vehicle for me to practice my writing. I really see writing as an important part of my life in the coming days. If people want to read it, I'm thrilled to hear comments, but if not, I'm just happy to have the opportunity to write. I'm not sure why, but it feels like the right place to be.


The "about me" section is a little more solidified. I read a cool book called
What Happy People Know by Dan Baker, a happiness psychologist. He outlines what qualities he sees in happy people, and one of his important ones is that happy people know where they are in life and where they want to be headed, if only vaguely. Basically, he suggests knowing your "life story" in a three sentence version or so. I've seen various permutations of this idea - a six word life summary, a word to summarize your life, etc. So anyways, that's what I tried to do the about me section, copied/pasted:

My name is Ken Noguchi. There are two things you should know about me:


1- I want to change the world.

2- I don't have a middle name, but I always wished it started with E, so my initials could be KEN.


I just graduated from Kenyon College, a rural school in Ohio, and moved out to Portland, Oregon to work as a lab manager at Oregon Health & Science University. Our lab studies the signaling mechanisms behind iron homeostasis. My dream is to manage a holistic health organization that takes a radical interdisciplinary approach to empower people to take care of other people.


I try to spend as much time as possible: being with people so I can learn to hate people less, reading and writing so I can learn to better communicate truth, and hanging out at coffee shops so I can be trendy.


If you are reading this blog for the first time, please start with the first post,
"In the beginning..."

from ken


Are you trying to change your life? I'd love to hear about it! ken.e.noguchi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment