the best quotes ever

I’m in a huge writing slump. I can’t think of anything good to write. I viciously hate everything I’ve written the last few weeks. In lieu of a post, here’s a collection of quotes. I picked out some of my favorites from a list of 900 quotes I’ve been collecting over the last ten years or so. 

“Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music, and never forget that you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors.” 
       - Hunter S. Thompson 

“Beware the day the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet.” 
        - Emerson 

“I’m going to build my own fucking hospital. And there’ll be none of that there, thank you.” 
        - Paul Farmer 

“In the fight between you and the world, pick the world.” 
        - Frank Zappa 

“And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.” 
        - Kahlil Gibran The Prophet 

“You adjust the paints’ values and hues not to the world, not to the vision, but to the rest of the paint.” 
        - Annie Dillard 

“It was never about the grapes or the lettuce. It was always about the people.” 
        - Cesar Chavez 

"It wasn't necessary to win for the story to be great, it was only necessary to sacrifice everything." 
        - Donald Miller A Thousand Miles in a Thousand Years 

“Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.” 

“I had to go see about a girl.” 
        - Good Will Hunting 

“In mind’s special processes, a ten-mile run takes far longer than the 60 minutes reported by a grandfather clock. Such time, in fact, hardly exists at all in the real world; it is all out on the trail somewhere, and you only go back to it when you are out there.” 
        - Once a Runner John L. Parker 

“The good thing is we are good at so many things so if we run out of things we are good at we just make up something new so we can be good at it.” 
        - Eric Morris 

If anybody has any ideas of how to break out of a writing slump or a slump in general, let me know. 

See you on the other side.

from ken

No comments:

Post a Comment