best of sidenote 2012

watch your back, Dwight Howard
Top 5 things I did during break:

5) Shot 100 free throws, made 41.  Extremely proud of myself. 

4) Tried my hardest to grow facial hair.  I plucked one out and measured it using the lab microscope - achieved a few millimeters.  

3) Saw my first 3D IMAX movie (The Hobbit) and got motion sickness.  Still loved it.  

2) Started researching possible jobs after getting an MD/PhD from MUSC.  Top 2 options: match in orthopedic surgery and become the medical consultant for Grantland, or follow Rembert Browne's career trajectory - graduate from a small liberal arts college in '09, write a funny blog for a while, get picked up by Grantland as a full-time writer. 

sidenote - here's how my career idols have evolved over the past five years:



1) Went to Anthropologie in a hoodie and sweatpants.  Probably the #1 time I felt like an outsider.  I'm sure they thought I was trying to shoplift $80 tanktops.  


--

Anyways, here are the most popular posts of the year 2012:

MUSC Orientation running diary


The Decision: I'm going to take my talents to South Carolina

2012, the year of the palm tree

What do you want to do with your life?

Relationships in med school pt 3: Marriage Review yr 1

Insane in the Sarcolemma: test week #2

Why Kenyon College Kicks Ass


Why MD/PhD?


Metzger/Keyserling wedding in review

Thank you for a great 2012!  Expect more bullshitting in 2013.

See you on the other side,


from ken


now taking requests for future blog posts. please comment or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment