Building community with dinner and the Gospel of John


So this Tuesday I’m going to start hosting a weekly small group at my apartment to study the Gospel of John with some of my friends from church. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do with the group, but I know I want the main theme to be having a safe and open space to build up relationships. So I thought I’d post the flier I handed out to advertise the group:

In the beginning, there was God. And his friends. And they talked about God. And their lives.

That’s what I want this home community to look like, making friends and talking about God.

I have only been a Christian for about two years. I don’t know the difference between a Presbyterian and a Church of Christ-er, what the rules about baptisms are, or what exactly traditional church doctrine says about women. And I don’t really care that much about those things. I do, however, care about what God is doing in your life.

I love the Gospel of John because he gets in your face, tells you about God, and asks you what you’re going to do about it. That’s what I loved when I started learning about Christianity, it’s all about living on purpose, for God. If you are interested in this group, be prepared to think about these questions:

What is God calling you to do with your life?
How can you pay attention to God?
Where is love in your life?
"I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."
from ken

Are you trying to change your life? I'd love to hear about it! ken.e.noguchi@gmail.com

photo by hapal

No comments:

Post a Comment