Don't forget to enjoy your victories


Have you ever felt like everything in your life was going right?
Felt like years of hard work have finally paid off?
Does everything you touch turn to gold?

Some people may say that such a picturesque time is a fallacy and that you shouldn’t live for the successes and those perfect days. I heard some wise words that said, “Success is nothing, it is an accident.” I am definitely a recent convert to this sort of wisdom that puts the focus on the journey rather than the end destination. That was one of the important realizations that made me want to change my life and actually do more things I loved doing, not just loved the idea of doing.

So you shouldn’t just live for the peak of the mountain, so to say, but it seems like every once in a long while, all the stars can align. And when they do, there’s really no reason not to sit back, appreciate all you’ve done, and enjoy the ride. Of course, it sounds obvious to enjoy the good times, but I know I have a tendency to push any victories off to the side, and immediately try to refocus myself on the journey. But sometimes it's good to celebrate.

The best way I can describe this feeling is that I can see so many of the goals I set for myself coming together and crystallizing in front of my eyes. Really quick, two of these goals were:

Get involved in a community: I feel like I’m really starting to love my church family and I’m starting to meet more and more people.

Figure out what I want to do with my life: I love my time volunteering at the pediatrics clinic. In fact, it pains me to leave.

Anyways, my friend and I referred to these times as “hot streaks,” and it reminds me of the importance of having purpose in life. Whenever you can see that your daily actions align with some sort of greater purpose you’ve set for your life, it really feels like your life is rolling, and just like that you’re on a hot streak.

from ken

Are you trying to change your life? I'd love to hear about it! ken.e.noguchi@gmail.com

photo by Beverly and Pack

1 comment:

  1. Well said Ken, I couldn't have described it any better. I'm pumped that you're riding this hot streak, I'm definitely feeling like I might be on the verge of one when school starts. Hopefully all the stars will align for both of us...

    ReplyDelete