Metzger/Keyserling wedding highlights

the happy couple

My friends Lauren Metzger and Kaleb Keyserling got married last Saturday! 


the wedding site
They met at Kenyon, and were both excellent runners there, so they decided to have the wedding at the Kenyon College Indoor Track. The track is one of the most beautiful buildings on campus, which says a lot – Kenyon is consistently ranked one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Lauren and Kaleb are both amazing. 

Here’s a collection of people’s favorite moments from the Metzger/Keyserling wedding. 

Naomi Blaushild - My favorite moment was the entire weekend of reclaiming Caples for KXC. #4AMpartypatrolwakeupcall 

Rob Carpenter -laurens smile when she was standing next to kaleb in front of everyone 

Steven Couper - The seamless integration of all people young and old from all parts of kalebs and laurens life. Also the general air of happiness, love and generosity esposed by all involved with the wedding, particularly from kaleb, lauren and their families. 

Tom Geiger - Lots of good memories, many of which should not be documented. I think my favorite moment may have been watching a train unfold during a 50 cent song. 


Chris Houser - I guess my favorite part, in typical Houser fashion, was the dinner at the reception. The food was very good and the entire setup was beautiful. However, I really did enjoy every aspect of the wedding, and I thought the ceremony itself had a kind of simple beauty that was very touching. 

Jonah Keyserling – Steven’s toast. 

Chris Maccoll - Showing up at the cove on Friday. It was pure joy to see that Kaleb and everyone; a great reminder of what we all shared, the good and the crazy. 

Pat Meyers – (a haiku) Modest kind and fun they reminded us we're friends tomasauras rex. But seriously, in my eyes the wedding felt as much like a long awaited arrival as a celebration...but that didn't trivialize anything; it made the whole wedding better. I think that's pretty cool. Plus it was nice to see people...and stuff. 

Katie Noguchi – pre-wedding party, I actually got to know Ken’s friends 

Ken Noguchi – Kaleb and Lauren’s first dance to Soulja Boy’s Crank Dat Soulja Boy. Love it. 

Kara Pellegrino - allusion to the first night they became romantically involved and Kaleb was dressed as Soulja Boy 


kaleb, doing his doctor thinking pose
Garrett Thompson - I enjoyed getting to see the much heralded Kenyon campus for the first time. I found the traditional ceremony on the indoor track particularly unique and memorable. I also enjoyed testing out my Carolina Korgis singlet during my winning performance in a 3/4 beer mile with my fellow groomsmen and the groom. And of course, my most memorable moment was watching Lauren and Kaleb walk down the aisle and make a lifelong commitment to one another. 

Jon Weil - the slide show was appropriately corny, and also very funny and endearing. 

Happy wedding! 


everyone
from ken

No comments:

Post a Comment