Media Fridays: What Makes a Medical School Great?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/03/what-makes-a-medical-school-great/274403/


Like I've been saying for the past week, I've been working on evolving sidenote. The last addition I have is to Friday. I'm replacing youtube Fridays (universally unpopular) with a medicine-related article or video + a question. The first is one from The Atlantic called "What Makes a Medical School Great." I came across it in my research for yesterday's post about US News & World Report med school rankings. 

So my question to y'all: what factors are important to you in choosing a med school? Cost? Rankings? Location? Advice from friends? Culture? 

see you on the other side,

from ken

read something good? send it my way.

6 comments:

  1. getting to do a prostate exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people you get to learn alongside are what make med school great. It's not what you do, it's who you do it with. That's what makes this med school truly awesome.

    -Keais

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also agreed. couldn't survive without relationships.

      Delete
  3. Interesting article. Also, did you see the author's appointments at the end: Richard Gunderman, MD, PhD, is professor of radiology, pediatrics, medical education, philosophy, liberal arts, and philanthropy, and vice-chair of the Radiology Department, at Indiana University.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I didn't catch that.

      I definitely see that job in my future. 7 different departments. Doesn't actually see patients anymore. Spends most of the time in office, meetings, or coffee shop.

      Delete