NBA wednesdays - Best of NBA Tattoos

This post was inspired by two previous posts. 1- Getting my own tattoo made me ten times more interested in other people's tattoos. 2- an NBA post I did with Amulya a while back where we discussed Jason Terry's ridiculous tattoo. (below) sidenote - only 53% of NBA players have tattoos. I expected more. I guess the guys with tattoos just stand out so much. Anyways, enjoy.

Worst omen tattoo - Jason Terry. He called the 2013 Celtics championship via tattoo. If there was ever a bad decision..

premature


Best tattoo evolution - Chris "Birdman" Andersen. I watched him in the Knicks-Heat game on Sunday, man he looks out of shape. Still.. I wish the Celtics had signed him.

->
birdman needed wings

Player with the best rationale not to get a tattoo - Luis Scola. "Tattoos are not cute."

should've stayed in Houston


Tattoo that just fits - (Tie) Jason Kidd and DeMarcus Cousins. Kidd has always wanted to own a panther. It's hard to get a panther in the states, so he got a tattoo of a panther instead. Makes sense.

rar


No explanation necessary. DeMarcus Cousins:

misunderstood

Most surprising player without tattoos - Andrew Bynum. With hair like this.. it seems crazy he doesn't have some off-the-wall tattoos. I would not give this guy the max in a million years. The ratio of Dwight Howard bad press: Andrew Bynum bad press blows my mind. 

after a wild night of bowling


Most obsessed with tattoos - Monta Ellis. Once got 14 tattoos in an offseason, because he was bored. He shoots 23% from beyond the arc. For some reason, these things feel related. 




Most intense - Wilson Chandler. Has a juggernaut tattoo. In China he put up 26 ppg/12 rpg so he was certainly unstoppable then. Back in America, only 11 ppg. eh. 

dude I think your underwear are showing

My favorite NBA tattoo - Unfortunately, not an actual NBA player. Would be even more hilarious if it was. I hope Shaq knows about this.


see you on the other side,

from ken


taking requests for future blog posts. please comment or email.

2 comments: