NBA Wednesdays: 5 bullet points about All-Star weekend


no he didn't
1) This was an embarrassing moment for Chris Bosh, but let's remember for a second that Chris Bosh is (right or wrong) an All-Star starter. It's not like he's some scrub, he's still Chris Bosh. This moment really speaks to Chris Paul's game. 

It counts for something that on All-Star night, when the best 10 players in the world are on the court at the same time, CP3 dealt out 15 assists, scored 20 pts on just 10 shots, and had the testes to nutmeg an All-Star. You know Chris Bosh will remember this in Game 7 of the NBA finals when he gets switched on a pick and roll. Obviously, CP3 was already at the 'guys I would go to war with' level, but nights like this definitely remind me: wow - this is a special player. 

The Clippers have to move Bledsoe for a big man. Whether or not CP3 stays in Clipper land, this might be the only shot for the Clippers to get to the Finals in a long time. Jamal Crawford isn't having miracle seasons like this on a regular basis. Otherwise, he wouldn't be Jamal Crawford.


dunking
Faried's shot chart
2) Kenneth Faried had his coming out party. 40 pts and MVP in the rook/soph game, had a 50 pointer in the dunk contest, early darkhorse All-Star for next year. He even made a corner 3. 

3) Kyrie Irving played crunch time in the All-Star game. There's no doubt everyone knows he's a star. His only downside: of all NBA superstars he gives the worst interviews. Every other answer I heard from him was a one word answer. He talks like a guy afraid to screw up. This is a man that wanted to bet $50,000 on a one-on-one game against Kobe Bryant. He has interesting things to say. Let's hear it.  

4) KG is staying in Boston. He believes the team has a shot, his no-trade clause remains firm, and I love him for it. The Heat are probably unstoppable, but all I know is I wouldn't bet on the Heat over. Most recently, the Celtics without Rondo showed up LeBron et al 100-98.


Arne Duncan vs Usain Bolt
5) In the celeb All-Star game you get to see the fastest man in the history of the world going up against the Secretary of Education. Only in the NBA. 

See you on the other side,

from ken


taking requests for future blog posts. please comment or email.

7 comments:

  1. Side note bosh is a scrub hahaha. I have never seen one player get picked on so much. Everyone got him. TP 5 holed him later in the game. Kobe said SEEEYA to him on one play and broke his ankles. Not to mention thishttp://Instagram.com/p/V5S592hRDs/ Bosh is a good player but no one wants to watch him in the all star game. He's not an exciting player to watch by any means. Also he AIRBALLED his first shot. He should have been kicked out then and there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you wonder what LeBron and Wade were thinking? I can't remember what other big guys were available that year.. but there must have been someone more useful. Wasn't Tyson Chandler signed then?

      Delete
  2. Sudeep - I totally agree. When CP3 and Tony did that to him, even the announcers thought it was hilarious. I wish Kyrie had done that to him too. If a 20 year old on your own team clowns you - that's a new low.

    Some other favorite moments: When CP3 got Noah switched onto him and Noah got into an aggressive defensive stance and was basically saying, 'show me what you got' and CP3 hit a 3 in his face.

    Also, the Kobe vs Lebron at the end. Loved the 2 blocks - that is the first time I've seen Lebron look human since Game 6 against the C's last year.

    Barkley made a point last week that he didn't like the Clips because he didn't think you could win a championship with the best player on your team being 5'11. I wonder if Paul heard that and turned it up a notch during the game. I hope they move Bledsoe for Milsap or something - their window is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, pretty sure if Kyrie got a hold of Chris Bosh he would have needed crutches after the game. If he could do what he did to Brandon Knight, I shudder to think about how unfortunate the rest of the league is to have to guard him for 12+ years

      Delete
  3. Wow Tyson would be phenomenal for them simply because that means more O-touches for DWade and baby BronBron.

    Also, the CP3 Noah matchup was great especially when Noah flung his arms out at him. I had no idea what was going on in his head ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWM02EDPOo )

    I think Bledsoe could be a huge contributor on most teams but I don't know if he's a star player, but what is crazy is right now it looks like he could be dealt for one. If I'm the Clips I'm pulling that trigger now. With Crawford, Billups, Paul, Barnes, Butler. There is plenty of depth in the backcourt so I don't think losing bledsoe hurts as much as picking up a bonafide stud in Milsap in the paint will help. Although I don't think he'd really fit in with the whole "Lob City" theme hahah.

    Kobe blocking Lebron TWICE was the best part of the game. I know it's absurd to even fathom but I hope some how it's Lakers Heat in the Finals. The raw star power would be amazing. And I'd love to watch Kobe just try to mentally screw with LBJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the Bleds point. He's a superb backup, but I just don't like gambling on those physical athletic monsters. Can't you just see him getting hurt? I wonder if they get Josh Smith for him?

      Delete
  4. That would be an absolute steal. And wow their front court would be so athletic

    ReplyDelete