Relationships in med school pt 7: So you think you know Sudeep Das

An interview with the one and only, Sudeep Das. He was nervous to be interviewed.

Ken: So Sudeep, tell us where you come from.

Sudeep: Well, I just graduated from Vandy undergrad. I was born in Columbia, lived in Charleston as a kid, and grew up in Rock Hill since I was 8. 

Ken: OK, can you summarize yourself into 3 words?

Sudeep: I'm brown, I love fishing, and I love Jesus.

K: Nice, you're a pro at this. Let's get started: What do you like most about being in med school?

S: I have several things.


K: Pick just one.

S: It's really bad but I'm struggling between people and fishing. But I know people are supposed to be more important so people. But fishing is a close second - being in Charleston is amazing for that. 


vandy
I was worried coming to Charleston because I've already invested four years into my relationships at Vandy. But having been here for a couple months I can already tell that the time I spent learning how to make friends is paying off. I've been here for half a year and I already feel like I have friends I could know for the rest of my life. I've just been really impressed with my peers. There are some smart dudes here.

Sorry women too. Ken you definitely have to edit this crap.

K: Oh yeah for sure, don't worry, just say whatever you want. Followup question - How would you describe your ideal friend?

S: Someone I can have honest communication with. I need someone that I can talk with truthfully, without any sugar coating. I can call him out, and he can call me out. Someone you can just be real with.

K: Switching gears, token med school question - what sort of doctor do you want to be?

S: I hate this question. I used to think surgery because I love working with my hands - fishing, working with my car, that sort. I did rat surgery for a summer, and at first it was awesome, but the coolness factor can really wear off. When I was at Vandy I also volunteered at a migrant hospital, and I got to see the personal side of medicine. Dealing with people.
fish surgery. gone bad.

I don't think you get that same personal interaction in surgery. Or the longitudinal care. So I'm thinking something like med-peds? I also like having the capacity that ER docs have, that's cool. 

K: Switching gears again - your ideal wife?

S: Pretty.

K: Of course.

S: That's a hard question, it's probably similar to what I said about my ideal friend. Someone that will challenge me personally and spiritually. Someone that puts up with my fishing obsession. Someone that's willing to do crazy things, like make $240,000 a year, but give away $200,000 of it and live really cheaply. 

K: What about hair color? 

S: Green or blue.

K: Always?

S: No, just sometimes.

K: Ok, ok. Good to know. Any last words you really want everyone to know about you?


S: I don't know if I'm the better Sudeep. I have some stiff rivalry in that category. 

K: ..

S: Something else? Well, I guess I hate 
having superficial conversations, I like challenging and deep conversations. I get bored of talking about crap.

K: There you have it. Sudeep Das.

See you on the other side,

from ken

taking requests for future blog posts. please comment or email.

5 comments:

  1. Sudeep: I LOVE this - "Someone that's willing to do crazy things, like make $240,000 a year, but give away $200,000 of it and live really cheaply."

    Well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah agreed - that's bold.

      Delete
    2. thanks, i just hope i can maintain that same type of outlook going forward. knowing how selfish I am plus hopefully having a family etc will i know make doing something radical like that so much harder

      Delete
  2. HELLO! SUDEEP HOW ARE YOU I'M FATIMAEZZAHRA I LIVE IN DEMNATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. 212601513036 SHE IS MY NUMBER MOBILE FHONE CALL MY OK BY


    ReplyDelete